2021 Grenache Blanc
This 100% Grenache Blanc goes down easy. The wine has just a touch of ripe fruit while remaining lightly floral with a citrusy grip and perfect texture.
The first harvest I worked back in 2006 in the Cotes Catalanes of the Pyrénées in Sourthern France - the homeland of Grenache Blanc. Deeply inspired by my time spent with the variety, I am pleased to offer the first vintage of Ferdinand Grenache Blanc aka Garnacha Blanca. Sources from the same block as my Albariño, I’ve had my eye on these few rows of Grenache Blanc since I started Ferdinand a decade ago. Picked at low brix the wine has plenty of concentrated flavor due to its low-cropping loose clusters and thick skins. As with the Albariño, the fruit was hand-picked and whole cluster pressed and completes both native primary and malolactic fermentations.
- Variety: 100% Grenache Blanc
- Vineyard: Vista Luna Vineyard
- Grower: Markus Bokisch
- Appellation: Borden Ranch
- Soils: Alluvial cobbles and gravelly loam
- Alcohol: 12%
- Farming: CCOF Certified Organic
- Aging: 12 months in neutral barrels
- Harvested: 8/31/2021
- Bottling Date: 11/18/2022
- Production: 140 cases bottled